Do's and Don'ts While Taking Iron Supplements
11 Nov, 20
Avoid Taking Iron Supplements Along With
- Caffeine - containing drinks like coffee or tea.
- Milk or milk products and antacids.
- High - fibre foods such as whole grains, raw vegetables, etc.
Take Your Iron Supplements
- With a glass of orange, lime or lemon juice.
- As prescribed by your doctor in the appropriate dosages.
- With a small amount of food or at bedtime, if they upset your stomach.
Remember to Take Your Iron Supplements
- Keep them in your purse, car or at your bedside.
- If you miss a dose or forget to take your medicine, take it as soon as you can. If it is already time for your next dose, skip the missed dose.
In Case of Side Effects with Iron Supplements
- Inform your doctor if you experience nausea, vomiting, constipation or diarrhoea.
- Black stools are normal; but if they are accompanied with blood or cramps, talk to your doctor.
Keep Iron Supplements Out of The Reach of Children
For any further queries, kindly consult your doctor.