Hey there! Welcome!
Get updated on
27 Oct, 23
Key session presented at the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology (EADV) Congress 2023, Berlin, Germany, 11-14 October
20 Jun, 23
6 Dec, 23
BMJ Nutr Prev Health
A recent study of 17,377 US women revealed a concerning link between the early onset of menarche and an increased risk of T2DM. The findings highlighted a notable trend toward diabetes with younger menarche compared to the median age at menarche of 13 years. Among women with diabetes, early menarche, particularly ≤10 years, showed a significant association with heightened stroke risk and associated complications (OR ...
6 Dec, 23
Conducting a thorough examination across pivotal trials (LEADER, STEP 2, SUSTAIN 6, PIONEER 6), researchers assessed the frequency of GI adverse events during initiation & titration of GLP-1RA in individuals with and without simultaneous metformin use. The results revealed that the concurrent use of metformin does not increase GI symptoms during the initiation of GLP-1RA or impact the rates of GLP-1RA discontinuation...
29 Nov, 23
- Secondary analysis of the HPTN 083 trial showed that the incidence of STIs was high among transgender women, with 16.25% having syphilis, 11.66% having rectal gonorrhea, and 20.61% having chlamydia
- Injectable cabotegravir was as effective as tenofovir disoproxil fumarate plus emtricitabine in preventing HIV infection among transgender women, with an overall incidence of 1.19 per 100 person-years
29 Nov, 23
Indian J Pediatr
- Blood lead levels (BLL; median levels 8.8 µg/dl) were elevated in urban school going children in India
- An intercity variation was seen with the highest BLL levels in Manipal 30.6 and lowest in Dibrugarh 4.8
- A significant negative correlation was observed between BLL and SES (correlation -0.24, p <0.001), anthropometric indicators (correlation -0.11, p <0.001), hemoglobin level (correlation -0.045, p=0.03)
24 Apr, 23