Do’s and Don’ts While Taking Iron Supplements ()
- Caffeine - containing drinks like coffee or tea.
- Milk or milk products and antacids.
- High - fibre foods such as whole grains, raw vegetables, etc.
- With a glass of orange, lime or lemon juice.
- As prescribed by your doctor in the appropriate dosages.
- With a small amount of food or at bedtime, if they upset your stomach.
- Keep them in your purse, car or at your bedside.
- If you miss a dose or forget to take your medicine, take it as soon as you can. If it is already time for your next dose, skip the missed dose.
- Inform your doctor if you experience nausea, vomiting, constipation or diarrhoea.
- Black stools are normal; but if they are accompanied with blood or cramps, talk to your doctor.
For any further queries, kindly consult your doctor.